We’re Nationally Recognized for Our Approach to Senior Living Memory Care
At Seaton Hagerstown, we are familiar with the challenges faced by seniors with memory-related conditions. When your loved one comes to our Memory Care community, we adopt a person-centered approach to guide and support them.
Our SHINE® Memory Care program curriculum has earned a National Certificate of Recognition from the Alzheimer’s Association®, the country’s leading, voluntary health organization dedicated to Alzheimer’s care and research. The distinction is one that we share with a small and elite group of U.S. memory care providers.
SHINE® makes use of the latest scientific principles to maximize engagement and comprehension as well as improve lifestyle quality for seniors living with memory-related conditions that include dementia and Alzheimer’s.
The specialized training and ongoing education that our nurses and nursing assistants receive in memory care enable them to care for residents in the best possible way. This includes personalizing a route of exploration for your loved one that touches on multiple important aspects of life. Our SHINE® Memory Care program is designed to retain and preserve everything that has been taken away from patients by their affliction.
In our memory care community you can be assured of having a team of passionate individuals who are dedicated to senior memory care. Reach out to our team today for more information about how we will take care of your loved one.
What Is a Senior Living Memory Care Program?
A memory care program specializes in providing care for seniors with memory issues. In our safe, supportive and secure community, residents receive round-the-clock care from trained medical professionals that include nurses. Our experienced team has received training to care for individuals with memory-related conditions, and they are able to provide the full spectrum of care for residents who require it. At our SHINE® Memory Care community, your loved one will be well taken care of and in safe hands.
SHINE® Senior Living Memory Care at Seaton Hagerstown
You can expect the following from Seaton Hagerstown’s memory care program:
- A personalized “My Story” book for each resident
- A wide variety of activities that combine sensory experiences with relaxing moments
- A safe and supportive environment designed with your loved one’s needs in mind
- A dining experience that focuses on improving awareness and engagement besides being nutritious
- Ongoing training and education for all team members
- Regular communication with families of residents
We are familiar with the unique challenges that individuals with memory-related conditions face. Our memory care program aims to provide the best possible quality of life for your loved one, allowing them to regain and retain what their affliction has robbed them of over time.
Discover Independence, Confidence, and Self-Esteem for Senior Living
- Emphasizing the strengths of residents instead of their limitations
- Physical exercises, socialization opportunities, and mentally stimulating activities
- Celebrating milestones and successes
Discover Dining Delights
- Nutritious and delicious gourmet meals
- Active participation is encouraged in dining, with assistance provided if and when needed
- A meal routine at the same time each day
Discover Fun and Engaging Activities
- Purpose-driven activities, both on a one-on-one basis and in groups, catered to the individual abilities of your loved one
- Failure-free and non-competitive games designed to fit the attention span of residents
Discover Friendships and Belonging
- Personal care activities that can improve a resident’s sense of self-worth
- Activities and exercises in productivity to instill in residents a sense of success
- Active support provided where necessary
- Recreational activities that encourage fun and friendship
Contact Us to Learn More About SHINE® Memory Care for Senior Living
If you require more information or would like to experience a day in the life of our memory care residents, reach out to us. Our team can advise you on program availability, answer your questions and help you discover whether memory care is the right fit for your loved one.