Voorhees, New Jersey, is a suburb of Philadelphia that is located in Camden County. The township was established in 1899 and comprises a little over 12 square miles. Despite its peaceful beginnings as an agricultural community, Voorhees grew into a prosperous suburb following World War II, thanks to a building boom. Voorhees is a varied township with several parks, cultural attractions, restaurants, and educational institutions. Here is why Voorhees, NJ retirement lifestyle will be suitable for you!
In Voorhees, New Jersey, there are numerous ways to have a good time. Attractions include and vary from both indoor and outdoor activities. You will surely enjoy the fun and sun-filled outdoor attractions. You can add a few indoor activities to your to-do list as well. Here are some attractions you can visit:
- Sahara Sams: This water park has both outdoor and indoor water parks. It is about four miles away from Voorhees in West Berlin. It is always a good time to go splashing in the water during the summer when the grandchildren visit!
- Voorhees Town Center: This place is a shopper’s dream come true. This huge mall has everything, including an indoor arcade to keep the grandkids entertained while you shop. You can also play mini-golf, laser tag, or go on one of the rides. The mall also has a pleasant range of restaurants.
- Blueberry Hill Trail: If you enjoy taking walks or hiking, this trail will interest you! The trail loops among trees, ponds, and hills, and can be accessed from one of two parking locations. You can expect to see bikers and hikers on the trail because of its dual use.
- Golf Land: You can find miniature golf, pitch, and putt here! This is an excellent choice for beginners, children, and aging adults, and it is available all year. The stunning grounds will definitely steal your breath away.
Variety of Places to Eat
Regardless of your preferences or budget, finding an excellent restaurant with good food in Voorhees is not difficult. There is something for everyone, from family restaurants to pubs and fine dining. Here are some must-visit restaurants:
- Ristorante Fieni: For those who enjoy Italian food, this restaurant serves an Italian-inspired dinner and lunch every day. It gives off an authentic Italian dining experience as the chef prepares historic family recipes!
- Iron Hill Brewery & Restaurant: This restaurant serves both dine-in and takeout meals. The brewhouse specializes in foods such as baby back ribs and fish and chips! Many regulars come for their hearth-baked pizzas as well.
- Rodizio Grill: This place is known for serving authentic Brazilian cuisine. You should try the grilled meats that are served by the Brazilian gauchos at the grill. The place serves mostly gluten-free cuisine and has unlimited gourmet salads.
Enjoy Active Independent Living at Seaton Voorhees
At our independent living community, you can expect to experience lifestyle-focused senior living with complete access to our resort-style amenities and exclusive senior living programs. Our Active Independent Living program has been meticulously created to provide you with the most alternatives and choices for a flexible lifestyle on your terms. For more information, do contact us today!